Around the Verse Episode 39
(Citizen Star News) - by Gerard Evans - 2015-04-09
Updated: With summary by Gerard Evans of StarCitizenBase
00:56 - Intro/News
02:22 - News from Around the Verse
11:28 - Arena Commander Highlight
12:00 - Austin Art Team Roundtable Preview
17:00 - Arena Commander Highlight
18:17 - Interview with Will Weissbaum and Cherie Heiberg
30:23 - Bugsmashers
35:15 - Outro
36:57 - Sneak Peek
Is Martian terraforming coming undone: We look at data that shows the Martian landscape may be less stable than we thought.
Black Mountain Tea: Millions drink it but could the stimulant be behind a new ailment?
The 5 most annoying things about visiting Stanton 3.
- Sandi and Ben Welcome us.
- Star Citizen Alpha 1.1.(1.1.a?) will hopefully be available this week.
- 1.1.1 has the Gladiator flyable, second seat functionality for the Super Hornet, Gladiator, and the Cutlass
- (Ticker reads: You're playing with my emotions Ben)
- CR is in London directing the S42 film shoot.
News from Around the Verse
CIG - Santa Monica: Darian and Lisa (production team)
-Randy is designing a sandbox map which lets him test how the AI interacts
-The players will never see this.
-They're working on the Genesis Starliner concept.
-Players can ride around on it, and probably escort it.
Illfonic: David and Travis
-Finished prototyping SATA Ball mode and getting it hooked up in code.
-Worked on better full-body 'look' poses for zero-g and pre-vis for Space Marine.
-Reworking the effects for all the weapons and grenades between ship and handheld weapons for consistency and continuity.
CIG - Austin: Jake and Nathan (designer PU)
- Tony started his work on the pioneer occupation - exploration, charting newly discovered territories.
- Working on "grabby hands" so you can pick things up with some type of visual fidelity.
- Making shops and the services / mechanics feel unique to their particular areas.
-Cubby Blast will have a shooting range.
Foundry 42 - Luke and Danny (sr and jr designer)
- Working on a tutorial for Arena Commander to engage and inform new players to include T/O&L, Systems, Combat
- The Asteroid hangar now has a fully designed interior and exterior. And you'll be able to fly in and out of it at will in free flight mode once the tutorial launches.
11:28 Arena Commander Highlight
(Video bumper shows a very crowded landing pad)
Thanks to YouTuber Daniel 1245
12:00 Austin Art Team Roundtable Preview
Jenny (Community Team - Santa Monica)
Patrick Thomas (Lead artist PU)
Vanessa Landeros (Animator and motion capture specialist)
Josh Coons (3D artist)
Lee Amarakoon (Effects artist: Made the snow globes)
Jenny: Austin is the PU office. Is there anything you'd like to say that you think the fans would want to know about?
Patrick: The levels are looking incredible. We're reaching a point in games where the quality approaches cinematic. Also very excited about the whitebox stage. Stunning effects.
Vanessa: We're populating them with hundreds of animations, like a barfing scene while waiting for a doctor. There will be different attitudes, such as a shy dancer or a drugged-out dancer.
Josh: I'm on ships but I'm occasionally pulled out to do PU tasks.
Lee: With particles and effects I'm trying to not blow up your video cards. It's fun making smoke and holograms, screens. I make the advertisements. When I do screens I put easter-eggs into them. It's going to be fun doing nebulas and asteroids -- space effects stuff.
Thanks for coming to visit us and sending us cookies. Thanks again!
17:00 Arena Commander Highlight
(Video shows someone trying to fly a M50 into a Constellation)
Thanks to Corporation Inc Science Division YouTuber Glaw Inc.
Sandi / Ben:
- Jared (Disco Lando) is now the Community Manager with a focus on editing.
- (Ben forgets his joke)
- Sandi comments that they'll have to edit it out now.
18:17 Interview with Will Weissbaum and "The Archivist" Cherie Heiberg
- Cherie is helping make sure all the tools and data sets are managed in such a way that everyone knows how to find them.
- Also: Will can not confirm nor deny ground-based missile launchers.
- Cherie has a Masters in Library science with a focus on preserving the history of video games.
- She came to protect your childhood memories.
- Appropriately she's wearing space pants. Nice touch, Cherie :)
- The Mustang line is only available on Rytif. (Really?)
- She's working on the Galactaepedia which will be a living resource and will cite players for discoveries in the PU.
- She's interested in the Tevarin (Tah-Var-en) and their history in the Battle for Centauri.
- She likes Terra over Earth (who doesn't?)
99 little bugs in the code,
99 little bugs in the code,
Take one down, patch it around,
...127 little bugs in the code.
- Mark Abent repairs a bug with the Gladiator where the ship will collide with and kill the player with G-Safe turned off.
- Tickets for Gamescon go live tomorrow as well as info regarding it.
- Sandi, James, Ben, Alexis and more will be there.
- Tomorrow: Design brief covering FPS stances and breathing.
- Limited time sale on Super Hornet and Gladiator tomorrow.
- Tune in tomorrow to check in with the CIG Frankfurt team.
36:57 Sneak Peek
- Animated: The mining drone!
Thanks to StarCitizenNewsRadio